Submit a Birth Story
We believe there is strength in birth. All professional birth photographers are invited to submit birth images and a written summary of one birth.
How it Works
- Click the button to tell us about you and the story you're submitting.
- Choose the strongest 10-20 images from the birth.
- All images must be high res and watermarked. Resize them to 1200px on the longest side. You must have a model release from your client for the images to be shared.
- We also accept submissions for birth films. Email at least one image along with the link to your film.
- Our team will review your submission and notify you of our publishing decision within 4 weeks.
How to Get Accepted
Images and birth stories must be professional quality images that are correctly exposed, in focus and artistically photographed. Choose the very best 10-20 images from the birth story that tell the birth story. Please submit some text with the images to tell us the birth story, this can be from your perspective or your client's own words. We do not accept collage images, or images sized incorrectly. *All images must be high resolution images with watermark, sized to 1200px on the longest edge. You must have a model release from your client for the photos to be shared.
Every birth story that is PUBLISHED on our blog will be paid $25. Due to the high volume of submissions we receive each month we can't publish everyone who submits, but we still invite every professional birth photographer to submit their work to our team for consideration.
While $25 is only a nominal amount, we hope to increase payment as Birth Becomes Her grows. We believe that photographers deserve to be paid for their work and we hope to become part of a larger trend towards fair compensation.