The Essence of Birth - Online Course is a 14 lesson course that helps you gain the skills, knowledge, and passion to pursue birth photography and make an impact in your birth community.
This is a self paced, self study course. Once completed at 100%, you will receive your Birth Becomes Her Certification.
The self study option can be taken ANY time. We also offer this course LIVE each year with discussion, interactive teaching, a private facebook group, and an in-person workshop weekend. Registration for our LIVE course starts in July 2019 for the August 2019 cohort. Or you can pursue your study independently below!
$497 | One time payment
$180 | three payments
Created by Monet Nicole and Jennifer Mason, who have photographed over 400 birth stories, the essence of birth is meant to give new or beginning birth photographers the confidence they need to shoot these incredible stories.
We provide our students with a thorough foundation upon which they can build a thriving birth photography business.
PURCHASING THIS MEANS YOU WILL HAVE FULL ACCESS TO THE 14 LESSONS OF THE COURSE WITHIN 24 HOURS. YOU CAN WORK THROUGH THE LESSONS WEEKLY, OR YOU CAN FINISH THEM ALL AT ONCE. THIS IS SELF PACED AND SELF DRIVEN.
ONCE FINISHED AT 100%, YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR BIRTH BECOMES HER CERTIFICATION.
Self Paced, 14 lessons released at once
Students receive lifetime access to course material
Choose to pay $497 one time or 3 payments of $180 (once paid in full, access to the course will be granted)
Why Take This Course?
If you've been inspired by the power and artistic potential of birth, but feel intimidated to bring your camera into such an intimate and monumental event, this course is for you.
Monet Nicole and Jennifer Mason have helped countless new photographers not only start their birth photography businesses but start businesses that thrive. As leaders in the birth photography community, we're honored to teach this comprehensive and life-changing birth photography course.
We want every student to walk away with the tools necessary to feel confident in this growing industry.
“We grow best with positive support and successful people surrounding us. Jenn and Monet have created a community that supports success! ”
What Will You Learn?
THE COURSE SEQUENCE
1. The Heart - Developing Your Passion for This Work
2. Camera Basics - Establishing a Strong Foundation in Technical Skills
3. Lighting 101 - Addressing Lighting Issues in the Birth Space
4. Storytelling - How to use each frame to tell a story
5. Moment of Birth - Capturing one of the most exhilarating moments in the world
6. Birth 101 - Understanding the Complexity and Diversity of Birth
7. Editing - Finding Workflow and Editing Style that Simplifies Your Life and Sets You Apart
8. Birth Safety - Working Beneath Shared Standards of Ethics and Safety
9. Business Basics - Establishing a Sustainable Photography Business
10. Marketing - Finding Your Unique Voice and Clients
11. Branding and Finding Your Niche - Learn who you are and how to market to your clients
12. Self-Care - How to Develop Practices that Nourish You and Your Family
13. Loss - How to document loss stories with compassion and professionalism
14. Diversity and Inclusion - the importance of creating a brand that actively promotes inclusion of all types of families and birth stories
Stay Up To Date
Shooting tutorial: Watch Monet and Jennifer document a birth from start to finish
14 lessons full of both written and video content
Editing Tutorial: See Jennifer Mason edit a birth from start to finish, in under two hours
Interviews with Midwifes, Nurses, and OBs on Safety and Birth Etiquette
Standards for Safety and Ethics: We prepare our students to operate as a professional in every medical environment
Marketing Session by Renowned Photographer and Business Mentor, Chris Loring
How It Works
Course is self paced, work through the lessons on your own time, taking as long as you need for each one.
Lessons are released all at once, so you can start immediately or jump ahead to relevant topics to you.
Students receive lifetime access to course material.
Comprised of written and video content.
Once you complete the course at 100%, you will receive certification
Once course is completed at 100%, you will be listed as a Certified Birth Photographer on the Birth Becomes Her World Map